Are you interested in gaining once-in-a-lifetime experience, making a difference in people's lives, being part of a supporting and caring Christian community all while having a ton of FUN?! Then working at Camp Whitman might be just what you are looking for.
Our enthusiastic, caring and skilled staff members, help facilitate and guide the development of each camper in their pursuit of strengthening social & life skills, fostering friendships and developing their Christian faith. Many of our staff spent summers as campers before joining the staff team, others are from area colleges and universities, and we also host international staff from countries like England, Mexico and Australia.
We are seeking staff members to join our 2019 camp season.
All potential staff members must:
1. Be caring, compassionate, honest and hardworking.
2. Have a positive attitude.
3. Have experience with or a desire to be a part of a Christian community.
4. Have experience with or an interest in working with special needs youth and adults.
5. Have experience working with children, and references to support this experience.
6. Be comfortable living and working in a rustic summer camp environment, and be willing to participate in all aspects of camp life: walking long distances, building campfires, sleeping outdoors, using outhouses, swimming, boating, etc.
7. Be interested and willing to work in a team environment.
8. Be able to fully complete our week-long staff training period, and any other training necessary for the position requirements.
9. Be able to commit to the full summer employment period, and scheduled days off.
10. Undergo a thorough interview and reference process, and background check.
All positions include training, housing and meals for the duration of the employment period.